Sea moss serves as a prebiotic for your gut, which allows good bacteria to thrive. It's also full of fiber, which promotes a healthy colon and digestive system while removing harmful bacteria. Sea moss may also promote weight loss and improved metabolism.
If you’re not familiar with Irish Sea Moss, here are a few of its amazing benefits:
Sea Moss Benefits
- Sea Moss contains 92 of the 102 minerals that our bodies need like zinc, iodine, iron, and more!
- It is rich in amino acids, vitamin C, vitamin A, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and minerals.
- It helps reduce inflammation
- It helps your body get rid of excess mucus (which is great, especially when you have a cold!)
- It is great for respiratory health
How Much Sea Moss To Take Daily?
The recommended amount of sea moss gel to take daily is 1-2 tablespoons per day. You can take up to 1/4 cup.
Here Are 5 Different Ways To Use Sea Moss Gel
1. Try the Traditional Jamaican Irish Moss Drink
The Jamaican Irish Moss Drink, also known as a love potion, is made with a blend of non-dairy milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla. It is super tasty, vegan, and gluten-free!
2. You can use Sea Moss Gel in a Smoothie
Enjoy the benefits of sea moss in a smoothie! Sea moss is so light in taste, whatever fruits and vegetables you use in the smoothie will mask the taste of the sea moss. It’s so delicious and filled with tons of essential omega-3 fatty acids, amino acids, and antioxidants!
3. Sea Moss Gel is a Natural Thickening Agent
Sea moss often called “vegan gelatin”, has a mucilaginous and gel-like consistency, thus can be used to thicken foods. It’s perfect for thickening soups, stews, drinks, ice cream, and more.
4. Use Sea Moss Gel for Watering Plants
Try adding sea moss to the water when watering your plants! Sea moss is wonderful for the soil and provides the plants with a ton of nutrients. Simply mix 1-2 tablespoons of sea moss gel into a half-gallon of water and use it to water your plants.
5. Sea Moss Gel Face Mask
Sea Moss is not only great for ingesting, but it does wonders for your skin. Because sea moss helps your body produce collagen, it has been nicknamed “vegan collagen”. Of course, you can ingest it and glow from the inside out, but you can also apply it directly to your face for even more of a glow!
Sea moss and turmeric face mask
About 1-2 times a week, The sea moss helps to moisturize your skin and the turmeric is antibacterial and has anti-inflammatory properties so it helps to clear or reduce breakouts! It’s the perfect combination to give your skin a beautiful glow! Order your mask today!